Granite | Quartz | Marble
The following is an overview of the events of a typical job and is helpful information for anyone considering or installing new counters. Although the outline focuses on counters tops the process is the same or similar for most installations.
We begin with an initial consultation and estimate. You can either come in and personally see us or contact us via the Internet. For a free estimate click here.
A half down deposit is required to hold your material and to start the project. Once you have a Job Confirmation, the counter top project goes through the steps of templating, fabrication, and installation. If we are providing a tear-out service it will most likely occur on the same day as your installation.
Once you have received your quote from us and choose to proceed with the job, we will have you personally pick the slab(s) that you will use for your project. A timeline of your project, when we will begin the fabrication and installation, will be provided to you when the material is picked.
We come out to your home and access your specific situation. You will have the opportunity to explain in detail what you want, and then we can fill in the gaps with our recommendations. We will take a template of your kitchen: we ask that you have cleared your counter space and free it of any objects, so that we may finish the template efficiently and to protect your objects from any damage. Based upon these decisions and the measurements that we take, we will provide you with a final quote for your custom project.
When we come for the installation, please make sure the area has a clear path for our installers to carry the granite and all items from around the cabinets have been cleared off. It usually takes about a day to install a full kitchen top. Be aware that sometimes final cuts have to be made on-site and residual dust may occur, though our installers will try to catch most of it. A layer of Sealer is applied to keep your granite beautiful for years to come.
The balance of your bill will be due when the job is completed. Any questions you may have regarding your granite the installers will be happy to answer. Take in the view and enjoy your new beautiful Granite Counter Top.
What Are The Benefits of Using Granite? For Starters, It's Unique, Affordable, & Very Strong!
- Each and every granite stone is unique.
- Granite countertops are very affordable.
- Granite counter tops are beautiful.
- Comfortable in any decor.
- It is impossible to duplicate the true beauty of granite.
- The sunlight dances off the small crystals and changes the appearance of your stone throughout the day.
- You will still admire the beauty of your natural stone five years down the road.
- There are hundreds of color choices.
- Many different patterns... veins, specks, and swirls.
- There are many sink style options including farm sinks, vessel sinks, under mount sinks and drop in sinks.
- A few different sink finishes available to compliment your granite countertops include ceramic, copper, stainless steel, granite, onyx, marble, sandstone, limestone....
- Granite is colored all the way through.
- This natural stone is readily available.
- It's easy to clean.
- Granite is a sanitary countertop material. It does not harbor bacteria.
One of the top benefits of granite countertops:
- Granite can usually be repaired if it's damaged
- Granite is hard to scratch.
- You can cut on it.
- It's a hard stone to polish and finish. It's even harder to wear off the polished finish.
- Granite is durable, it will last your lifetime and more.
- Hot items such as griddles, fryers, and toaster ovens won't burn or leave char marks on your granite countertop.
- The cool surface of the stone is perfect for rolling out candy or dough. If you don't like the cool surface, put in floor heating under the granite. This works for countertops as well as floors.
- Granite is a siliceous stone and not highly susceptible to damage from acids.
- Not all granites need to be sealed.
- Sealing Granite is simple. It's similar to waxing your car.
- Granite can have arches, curves, and 90 degree angles.
- Your property value will increase.
- It's not a trend.
- Kid Friendly.
- It is strong.